VOMI RESEARCH| Research Sabbatical
The Virtual Organization Management Research Sabbatical Program is open worldwide to
mid-career faculty of universities
and 4-year colleges who have been granted a paid research sabbatical leave for a time period of one (1) full academic year;
with a strong vision to participate in learning, conducting research and acquiring leading edge and groundbreaking skills
in building virtual organizations and Virtual Organization Management best practices, policies and procedures.
All international candidates who are selected must be present in the United States in order to participate in
this research sabbatical.
Will initially be involved in learning how to operate in a 100% virtual organization environment at VOMI on a
100% experiential basis; to be later followed by writing and presenting research papers, white papers and the
development of materials for, and participation in, Virtual Organization Management CEO Summits and practicums,
symposiums and conferences worldwide. Will also have an opportunity to participate at these events in one or
more of the following capacities: Panel Moderator, Panel Member, Speaker, or Trainer. The level
and extent of participation will depend on each individual's overall background, experience and performance.
- Submit Registration of
Interest Application. Upon receipt, candidate will be notified how to proceed.
- A doctoral degree in either Business Administration, Information Technology, the Humanities or
Social Sciences conferred no earlier than 5 years from the date of application and no later than 10 years.
- Approval letter from a college or university official regarding the granting of paid leave
for sabbatical/research year, or affirming eligibility for paid leave, and giving date
of final approval.
- 3 referee letters from educational institution by no later than May 15 of each year for the upcoming
academic year which begins in early September and ends in June of the following year.
- Statement of your interest in this virtual organization research sabbatical in 3 sections: (1) primary purpose for participating
in the virtual organization research sabbatical; (2) how it will contribute to (your) present knowledge of the subject; and (3)
any significant work accomplished to date, if any.
- The tenure of the sabbatical leave must be for the full academic year working on a full-time basis.
Please do NOT apply if you do not meet this requirement.
- VOMI retains full or joint ownership and rights to all intellectual property developed during the course of the
research sabbatical and all online or print publications issuing from the work accomplished must
acknowledge Virtual Organization Management Institute's assistance and your research supervisor.
- VISION, Integrity, Discipline, Team Player, Ability to Multitask.
- Strong presentation and superior writing skills.
- Solid applied technical, scientific, or marketing research skills.
- Ability to achieve consensus through technical collaboration in a virtual environment.
- Must have excellent WRITTEN and verbal communication skills.
- All international candidates are required to be present in the United States in order to
participate in the research sabbatical program.
- The tenure of the sabbatical program must be for a full academic year working on a
full-time basis. Please do NOT apply if you do not meet this requirement.
Submit your registration of interest application.