SPECIAL LEGACY BULLETIN NOTICE :: Virtual Organization Management Institute is now in the process of a major transformation and restructuring and is being rebranded to VOM Institute. Thusly, our current site is now being redesigned in order to reflect these changes now taking place. Once we have completed the aforementioned transformation, we will then remove the entire Legacy Web Page content shown below for your reference.
LEGACY WEB PAGE
This page has been deprecated. Go to the Research page on the new website.
VOMI RESEARCH :: | :: Research Sabbatical
The Virtual Organization Leadership Research Sabbatical Program is open worldwide to mid-career faculty of universities and 4-year colleges who have been granted PAID research sabbatical leave for a consecutive time period of 24 months in order to broaden the horizon and needs of both the faculty member and the sponsoring educational institution; with a strong vision to learning Virtual Organization Management best practices, policies and procedures; conducting virtual organization leadership research; and acquiring leading edge and groundbreaking virtual organization leadership skills.
International candidates (outside the United States) are NOT required to be present in the United States in order to participate in this virtual organization leadership research sabbatical.
Requirements for Mid-Career Faculty of Universities and Colleges
- Submit Registration of Interest Application. Upon receipt, candidate will be notified on how to proceed.
- A doctoral degree in either Business Administration, Information Technology, the Humanities or Social Sciences conferred no earlier than 5 years from the date of application and no later than 10 years.
- Approval letter from a college or university official regarding the granting of PAID leave for sabbatical/research year, or affirming eligibility for paid leave, and giving date of final approval.
- 3 referee letters from educational institution by no later than May 15 of each year for the upcoming sabbatical year which begins on September 1.
- Statement of your interest in this virtual organization research sabbatical in 3 sections: (1) primary purpose for participating in the virtual organization research sabbatical; (2) how it will contribute to (your) present knowledge of the subject; and (3) how your educational institution will benefit from this research.
- The tenure of the sabbatical leave must be for the full 24-month period working on a full-time basis. Please do NOT apply if you do not meet this requirement.
- VOMI retains full or joint ownership and rights to all intellectual property developed during the course of the research sabbatical and all online or print publications issuing from the work accomplished must acknowledge Virtual Organization Management Institute’s assistance and your research supervisor.
Standard Requirements for ALL Candidates
- VISION, Integrity, Discipline, Team Player, Ability to Multitask.
- Strong presentation and superior writing skills.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- All international candidates are welcome to come to the United States in order to participate in the research sabbatical program, however, it is not required.
Research Sabbatical Registration of Interest Application
Submit your Registration of Interest application.